|photo credit: Lionoche via photo pin cc|
There are certainly green energy sources that you can turn to and make your own contribution to the efforts being made to reduce global warming and protect the environment. Green energy systems you can use include solar, geothermal, wind, biomass and biogas systems. These have very minimal impact on the environment. There are several reasons why you need to go on a green energy.
Top 5 Reasons:
- One of the top reasons to go on a green energy is to do with the environment. The traditional fossil energy sources relied on in the past and still in use continue to cause havoc in the environment. They not only pollute the air but create a lot of toxic waste that ends up both on land and water bodies, endangering human, plant and marine life. Burning fossil fuels produces dangerous gases such as sulfur oxides (from coal), nitrogen oxides, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons that cause global warming. Going on a green energy at personal level can really go a long way in minimizing the amount of toxic gases emitted into the environment.
- Fossil fuels are major causes of both air and water pollution. This has led to the increased incidents of disease occurrences all around the world. It is a fact that it is because of increased air pollution that cases of asthma (especially in children) and other respiratory diseases are on the rise. By making a decision to go on a green energy, you will be helping in a great way to minimize air pollution.
- A very good reason to go on a green energy is to do with cost. There is no doubt that the negative impact fossil fuels have on the environment translates into increased health care cost as occurrence of diseases increases. Because going on a green energy lessens the negative impact, you will be helping cut down the cost of health care as disease occurrence will automatically reduce.
- Demand for energy is continuously on the rise, meaning that most countries without adequate energy production capacity must import energy in order to meet local energy demand. This leads to spending of a country’s foreign exchange earnings. By going on a green energy, you will be playing a very important role of reducing local energy demand, in effect reducing the amount of foreign exchange earnings your country spends in importing energy. The saved money can be used in other useful ways locally.
- Although usually ignored, going on a green energy has more value to it than using energy produced in any other way. There is certainly no value in using energy produced through methods that endanger the environment. Using energy you know is produced from a safe source has a great value, especially when you consider that you do not contribute in any way to environment degradation.