If you are a wine lover and wish to experience something fresh and exotic, there is nothing better than creating your own wine recipe at home. In recent years, wine making has become a favorite hobby for many people worldwide. According to them, this is the best thing to do with fresh and exotic fruits like plums, peaches, grapes etc. There is nothing better if you have fruitful trees in your backyard.
There are various wine making kits and wine making books by Make Tasty Wine that you can use as a guide to make tempting wines at home. Since there are no hard and fast rules for ingredients, you can also do experiments and create your own personalized flavour.
In this article, we will guide you with the procedure to make wine at home. You can do it yourself alone or include your family members as well to make your weekend enjoyable.
Steps To Make Wine At Home
1) First of all collect all the ingredients and supplies you would need to make wine. Note down a list of things you require and make arrangements accordingly. Here is a list:
Fruits (Let’s assume grapes).
Eggs (take out the yolk)
A large plastic tub with a lid to collect the juice.
An electric juicer to squeeze the juice out of the fruit.
A glass fermentation jug with an airlock. .
2) Separate the grapes from the stems (stalks) and wash them thoroughly under running water. Now put the grapes into the juicer and crush them. If you want to make wine in large quantities, then you will need a giant steel tub where you can put all the washed grapes and crush them with your legs. But, in this case make sure your feet are well washed and disinfected with warm water. Now take the crushed grapes and put them into a storage pot.
Now take the eggs and separate the yolk from the white. Now whip the egg whites in a container thoroughly so that no lumps are formed or left behind. The batter should be creamy and well whipped.
Add sugar into the whipped eggs and pour the mixture into the jar containing crushed grapes. Cover the jar with an air-tight lid and ensure that there is no opening for air to enter the jar. Next day open lid, stir the mixture carefully and put it back. Repeat the process for 21 days.
Put more sugar after first 21 days and close the lid tightly. This time do not open the lid even for once for another 21 days. Remember, you should not open the lid even for a second during these 21 days. After 21 days, strain the mixture with the help of a nylon cloth and add food coloring to it as per your preference.
1) You can add yeast in the during the first 21 days if you want to convert the sugar into yeast to enhance the taste of the wine.
2) Leaving the container for more than 1 year without peeping into it will give you a more smooth and tasty wine.
3) It would be better to store the wine in a warm place during fermentation.
There are number of other ways to make wine at homes. You can find easy to complex recipes in the wine making book by Make Tasty Wine. If you are really fond of wines, then show your friend how creative you can get with it too.